Are you looking to push you class into the 21st century? Students today are technology savvy so why not leverage those skills into meaningful learning projects? Check out our 5 favorite links below to up the tech in your class. These links offer easy, straight forward strategies to try with your students.
- Haiku Deck: Haiku Deck is a free iPad app that offers a completely new kind of presentation software designed to make your slides stunning. Use it to teach a lesson or for students to create projects on.
- Edublog: Edublogs lets you easily create & manage student & teacher blogs, quickly customize designs and include videos, photos & podcasts – it’s safe, easy and secure! A great way to connect with your students and/or parents.
- Eudemic: Eudemic is a site for education technology tips for students and teachers. You can find lots of great resources and interesting articles to read, from “25 TED Talks Perfect for the Classroom” to “7 Online Quiz Tools Perfect For Classrooms.” Find cutting edge ideas to expand learning in your classroom or articles for students to read and discuss related to technology.
- Edmodo: This site offers a Facebook-like environment where students and teachers can connect with each other. Use it to facilitate class discussions, give students access to class documents or change up homework assignments.
- Khan Academy: Not sure of the best way to teach a new skill or concept? Check out the Khan Academy. You can search just about any topic for a quick video tutorial. This is a resource you can suggest to parents who want to help students with homework or for students who need a refresher on a topic before a quiz or test.
Have you tried any of these in your classroom? Let us know what has worked for you and share additional resources that you like with us below!